UPDATE APRIL 2021
We are another step further on the government’s road out of lockdown and I wanted to share with you the next stage at Harrogate Neighbours.
From the 12th of April two designated relative/visitors can visit at The Cuttings however this must be booked by ringing reception and the visits will be between 10am and 4pm 7 days a week and will be asked to do the following:
- They will be asked to wash hands, complete a track and trace form, we will take their temperature and they will be given a fresh mask etc and then they will be able to visit in the apartment.
- When the visit is finished, the visitor will leave and not be able to linger in the corridors or communal areas and chat with other tenants and inform Reception that they are leaving.
The Dining Car will open on 12th April for all tenants for one sitting at 12.30pm and we will continue with the take-away service. Relatives visiting are not permitted to sit in the café but may use the take-away service.
We are also delighted that we can now welcome up to 2 children who are immediately related to the designated visitor and the tenant. This must also be booked in the normal way and they cannot linger or visit the communal areas.
From the 12th of April two designated relative can visit Heath Lodge however this must be booked by ringing the home and the visits will be between 10 am and 4pm and visitors will be asked to do the following:
- Arrive 20 minutes before the arranged time and a member of staff will do a lateral flow test in the visitor pod of the home and the visitor will be asked to wait for their result.
- When the test is confirmed as negative the visitor will be asked to wash their hands, complete a track and trace form, temperature will be taken and they will be given a fresh mask and apron and escorted to the conservatory where the resident will be waiting.
- Visitors will be left to chat for a minimum of 30 minutes and a member of staff will be close by if needed.
- When the visit is finished visitors will be escorted to the Visitor Pod as the exit and we ask that PPE is removed and dispose of it in the bin outside the Visitor Pod. Please can you make sure that if you leave and staff are busy taking your relative back into the home the outside door is shut. If you come into the grounds past the gates please make sure it is double bolted when you leave.
We will still be offering window visits and of course the visitor pods for a maximum of two people provided they are from the same household which is our preferred way of visiting until the residents and tenants and staff have had their second vaccine.
We are also delighted that we can now welcome up to 2 children who are immediately related to the designated visitor and the resident. This must also be booked in the normal way and they cannot linger or visit other areas of the home and must stay with the resident and family at all times.
I am sure you will understand that we are still very vulnerable – not everyone has had their second vaccine and we must remain vigilant – if we have one case of coronavirus, we will have to close for 28 days. I can reassure you that we are continuing with our strict PPE and Covid-19 protocols to ensure we maintain the standards that have got us through the last 12 months.
I want to thank you all for being so patient and working with us for the benefit of everyone at Harrogate Neighbours.
Please do not hesitate to contact myself or Denise McEvoy if you need any clarification.
Welcome to Harrogate Neighbours Housing Association!
We are a not-for-profit organisation with charitable status, providing affordable quality care services for elderly people across the Harrogate District and the neighbouring boroughs.
Everyday hundreds of elderly people in Harrogate & the surrounding areas feel lonely and isolated. Our purpose is to help as many of these people as possible to live happy, comfortable lives with the respect and dignity they deserve.
Our services are tailored to individual needs; from simply delivering a freshly prepared hot meal every day, right through to providing round-the-clock care in our residential homes: The Cuttings & Heath Lodge. We have an extremely dedicated team, who provide older people with the care and support they need.
Compassion, care and comfort are at the core of everything we do.
If you would like to find out more about how we can help, contact our friendly team on 01423 888 777 or follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram – links at the top of the page.
Our flexible services are designed to give elderly people the support they need, as they need it.
By giving just a small amount of your time, you could help improve the lives of local people.
The generous support of the local community ensures we can continue our invaluable work.